My friend and I recently threw a baby shower for a dear mommy-to-be and her little Coco, and boy, how fun it was to plan! So today, I’m whisking you away to a little island paradise with our DIY tropical party! Filled with coconuts, pineapples, palm trees and umbrellas, this homemade party sure made me wish I was by the ocean, enjoying the warm breeze while sipping my refreshing piña colada! Read to the end for some tips on throwing a tropical-themed party!
Quick tips on planning a tropical themed party:
- Choose key elements. A lot of things come to mind when you think of a tropical party – there’s the Hawaiian luau, a tiki bar, the beach, etc. Focus on key elements so your styling does not look like a hodge podge of all things tropical. Make a mood board to set your vision in place.
- Find a good backdrop. No need to print! Just find lush greeneries in your backyard and you’re all set!
- Make a playlist. Complete the feel with music! 5o First Dates and Bob Marley are my usual go to playlists to give me that tropical vibe.
- Iron your table cloth! Haha! This one’s for all parties in general! I love looking at the photos but I cringe every time I see my soiled table cloth! We got caught in a series of unfortunate events that day, we barely had time to finish the set-up! Thus, this no-iron look! 😬
Create this look for your next homemade party with these suppliers:
- Buko and niyog at Php25 and Php 35 each from your local wet markets
- Cookies, cake pops and cupcakes from Baked Twinkles
- Cloth pouches from Fab Manila
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!
Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here.