Intimate parties are the best! No…make that, spruced up intimate parties are the best! Don’t you love it when your host makes an extra effort on every little detail for you? I sure do! Our birthday girl Ardith went all out for her 30th birthday party, setting up this amazing tablescape and party scene for an intimate group of 12. She shares, “I love birthdays, I love milestones and I love putting parties together so I threw myself a party. I have 2 daughters and have thrown them detailed parties every year. As a mom, you do everything for your kids and it’s ok to do something for yourself once in awhile.” And I couldn’t agree more. She adds, “I wanted my party to be classy but still fun – I started with a black and white stripe, gold accent theme but added the pineapples to incorporate the fun part. My favourite detail were the pineapple cups!” Mine too! But I just love how everything came together. Now let’s go and party like a pineapple!
- Cake by Aggy’s Cakes and Sweets
- Invite from ConfettiFete Etsy shop
- Pineapple cups and hanging pineapples ordered from Amazon
- Other hanging decors and ’30’ balloon from Celebrations Party Central
- Gold candles, green napkins from SM Department Store
- Tropical leaves table cover from Landmark
- Napkin rings from Robinsons Department Store
- Food prepared by MIL. Our birthday girl shares, “I couldn’t have done the party without the help of my mother-in-law who helped with my menu, she’s a great cook!”
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!
Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here.