We got smitten by Finding Nemo 13 years ago and I’m sure Finding Dory will be just as nice! The movie we’ve all been waiting for is finally out and most of your kids will surely be requesting Nemo-themed or Dory-themed parties in their next birthdays. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Let’s throwback to Mommy Andy’s Nemo party for her sweet little Russel.
Mommy Andy shares she got the idea of the DIY Chocolate dipped Oreos, from, where else? Pinterest. “I melted white chocolate (from Dough-it-all) and added some food coloring. I placed the Oreos inside a cupcake/muffin baking pan and poured the melted white chocolate on top of each one. I left it in the fridge to harden and voila! It’s important to melt the white chocolate in the right temperature so as not to burn the chocolate.”This parenthood thing can best be handled with teamwork – and same goes for DIY parties! In their craft projects for parties, Daddy Suku would usually draw and Mommy Andy paints them after. Take for example this piñata that used to be Cars-themed. They worked their magic and recycled it to look like Nemo! The crafty parents also made a Nemo and friends photobooth section out of balikbayan boxes.
We hope you got some ideas for your future Finding Nemo parties. Achieve this look with the help of the following:
- Cake by Majesto Cake Studio
- Paper lanterns from Celebrations Party Central
- Balloonderitas, adult and kiddie tables and chairs from CaRu’s Party Needs
- Divisoria finds: giveaways, banderitas,
- Dough-it-All finds: candy cups, orange gummy candies, white chocolate
- Goldfish centerpiece from Bio Research
- Photos by daddy Suku of Stellar Shots Photography
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!