Welcoming a new month! Homemade Parties quietly turned two this October and I’m excited for the plans laid out for the blog and community for the next year. To give back in our birthday month, we launched Party it Forward in our DIY Community – an avenue where you can dispose of your well-loved used (or hoarded 😂) party items. It’s not for sale though, just paying it forward and sharing our love for all things party with our fellow enthusiasts (and also helping you with your hoarding problems! Haha!).
Moving on to our round-up, for the first time in the two years that we’ve doing this, we don’t have any party set-up to share. Instead, you showed some love to DIY Halloween costumes, monthly shoots and a surprising craft room! Read on to see these in more detail.
1. Mommy Lea’s DIY Donut Shoppe. We’re all about DIY here but this is taking it to the next level as she mans her own donut shoppe and carries it too! 😂 See this sweet little girl’s costume last year in our DIY Halloween Costumes post.
2. Isabel’s Craft Room. We really love craft rooms around here but this one’s got us all smitten all the more. Read through to the end of our Craft Room Tour for a surprising twist!
3. @delightfulhimig’s Buzz Lightyear. Because their love for each other is to infinity and beyond, mommy’s present too! This cute mother-daughter tandem is known for their twinning posts in Instagram; naturally, they were twinning too while trick or treating.
4. @genverzosa’s monthly baby shoot. More and more moms are getting creative in taking the monthly photos of their babies and more and more mommies are tagging us with their photos too! I love how Mommy Gen’s concept shows just how much baby has grown by using the same bassinet all through the 12 months.
5. Mommy Alfie’s Halloween-themed shoot. Another monthly photoshoot concept we’re loving right now and it was perfect for Halloween! I love how these mommies are getting more and more creative. This is a “flatlay” you definitely shouldn’t miss!
Do you love to throw DIY parties just like us? Join our Instagram and Facebook communities for daily DIY party inspirations. Use the hashtag #homemadeparties to share your own party. Looking forward to seeing one of your parties here next month!