It’s been weeks since Halloween but sharing this anyway because that’s how much we love Halloween here in Homemade Parties! We’ve rounded up some of the creative DIY costumes we saw over the internet and shared via #hmphalloween so you’ll have inspiration for next year. Is it too early to ask you to bookmark this? 😅 My son already has his eyes set on being a ninja turtle next year, so I guess it’s never too early to conceptualise? 🐢 It’s been a while since my last round-up post anyway, so here’s one!
For starters, here’s what we wore for trick or treat. My toddler was Pacman and we all came out to support!
Here are more costume ideas for the bub or the entire family!
1. Moana and friends. Mommy Ana shares my view about store-bought costumes (read: expensive) so she makes her family’s costumes every year! I say these look better than what we see in stores!
2. Local favorites. Mommy Michelle shares, “The dirty ice cream cart was the baby stroller wrapped in a Magic Flakes grocery carton. I printed a cart online and did Oil Pastel coloring. The magtataho, I made from 2 ice cream styrofoam cases, pierced with a broken toy mic stand stick, and stuck together with the straw ropes.”
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There’s a cute story behind this family costume and that’s one more thing we love about DIY costumes, the stories they tell.
Super cute story about this themed costume, as shared by mommy Diane of @whenhippostalk: “Right after we told the kids their little brother was born, M said, “Yehey! We get to have all four of the Ninja Turtles for Halloween! Mommy you have to finish his costume when you get home from the hospital ok?”” 🐢🐢🐢#hmphalloween #ninjaturtles #tmnt
4. Ramen Cute Noodles. Mommy Ari made this uber cute cup noodle from felt and used a wooden ring from Kamuning for the cup’s rim. The wig was made by dying a mophead purchased from Divisoria. Who else thinks a toddler in a pushcart for trick or treat is a great idea?! 🙋🏼
5. A Dunkin Donuts Drink. This little lady is gracing our round-up once more, this time as a Dunkin drink! Swipe left to see her costumes through the years.
6. Potato Corner Crew. Ang pambansang favorite…flavored fries! Mommy Kai tells us, “I absolutely love Potato Corner hence the outfit. I bought the fabric and sewed it myself. I also bought a brown cap and painted the hood dark green. Printed out the logos and just colored some popsicle sticks for her fries.”
7. Rocket Man. We all have the same question here…what’s holding him up? 🚀 Great concept and awesome acting chops, kid!
8. Batman. Mommy Kat whipped up this one from scratch. Imagine how much this would’ve cost buying it from a store! Love the “abs” detail! 😂
9. Star Wars. How many of you had to develop a knack for DIY after being a mom? I’m sure a lot of you can relate with this mom’s sharing.
Made this costume from scratch! when your a mom, you just gotta have to level up your DIY skills. Thanks to her daddy for the selfie stick weapon 😂😘 #hmphalloween #DIY #StarWars #Rey #workingmommag #workingmommagazineph #smartparentingph #HalloweenCostume #babyandbreakfastph #fashionph #instakidsworld #instakidsfashion #instakidsphoto #instakids #banbcostumes #banbcostume #igkids #fashion_style #banbcuties #fashionistasminis #fashionistamini #trendkids_ig #trendkids
10. Mikmik. We get to enjoy two Mikmik flavors because it’s always twice the fun with twins! That powder on the face totally completes this look! (Costume and photo c/o Mommy Ivy)
11. A Bunny and her Carrot. What’s a bunny without her carrot? Mommy and me costumes are the sweetest!
12. A sweet frapuccino. They both seem to be enjoying their drinks! Here’s Mommy Isa’s version of a classic favorite.
13. Jon Snow. This boy plays the character so well. He may know nothing, but his parents sure know how to pull off a DIY Jon Snow costume! (Costume c/o Mommy Viv and Daddy Nad)
14. Monster’s Inc. Here’s a different take on the Monster’s Inc gang. Mike’s costume was a recycled green dinosaur from last year’s Halloween. All others were everyday shirts that Mommy Angeline decorated. Look at those googley eyes on Celia’s “hair”!
15. The Donut Lady. Promise, this isn’t a Dunkin Donuts paid post 🍩 But what’s not to love about donuts? Here’s a cute donut lady for you.
16. Prince Fries. Every kid dreams of his fast-food favorites, so why not be one? This french fries costume made of rubber foam board and paint cost less than Php 500! (Costume and photo c/o Mommy Anna)
17 & 18. Transformers and Lego. Yes, he actually transforms 😱 No surprise this bagged him the Best Costume award in not one, not two, not three, but four costume contests! Kudos to Lolo for doing a great job with the costume!
19. Olaf. The falling snowflakes in this cute Olaf costume totally makes this look! (photo and costume c/o Mommy Lea)
Got your own DIY party/costume to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!