And just like that, it’s December! Yeah I know, where did the time go? Apparently, we don’t just say this about kids, but also about how quickly we jump from January to December😱 Like everyone else, this season’s a favorite! Best time to make memories with the family. And because I felt so bad about missing a Santa photo for my toddler last year, I made it a mission this year to track Santa schedules, and more! Here’s a quick list of some attractions you can enjoy with the family over the holidays and best of all, they’re free!
1. Santa Claus in Rustan’s (Alabang, Makati, Shangri-la, Araneta). Various schedules in different Rustan’s Department Store’s Christmas Shops.
2. Magical Field of Lights (Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna). See 5,000 pieces of tulip-shaped lightbulbs change color, along with other light installations. Show runs every 30 minutes from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Ends on January 7, 2018.
3. The Sparkle of Christmas (Spectrum Midway, Filinvest City, Alabang). See a 3D mapped Christmas tree in their lights show and Festino Bazaar every weekend from November 23 to December 31, 2017.
4. Very Merry MOA Christmas (Mall of Asia grounds). A lights parade and fireworks display for everyone to enjoy!
5. Paskuhan 2017 (University of Sto. Tomas, Manila). Each year, the UST campus lights up, spreading the Christmas cheer!
6. Festival of Lights (Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati). Catch it daily, every 30 minutes, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Show runs until January 7, 2018.
7. Christmas Street Lights (Ayala Avenue, Makati). Catch this magnificent display as you drive to the gardens or the malls for some shopping. Check out the Christmas displays of the office buildings too!
8. Circuit Makati 56-ft Christmas Tree (A.P. Reyes Avenue, Barangay Carmona, Hippodrome, Makati). Instagram that tree and achieve Christmas feels in your feed.
9. Christmas Under the Sea (SM Aura, Taguig). Experience an under the sea adventure this Christmas. Check out the digital aquarium that’s open from 12nn to 8pm, until December 10 (List this first on your to-visit-list!)
10. Bonifacio High Street Park (Bonifacio Global City). BGC Gets Lit in another lights and sound show every 30 mins from 6 to 10pm daily.
11. Pasig Lights and Sound Show (Plaza Rizal, Brgy. San Jose, Pasig). Every year, Pasig City has different Christmas attractions for its constituents and this dancing lights show is easily becoming a favorite!
Mga ganap ngayong Kapaskuhan sa Pasig City! 🎄🎁🎆🎉Mga kineme sa Pasig >> https://goo.gl/ZQq3pWIG: @TagaPasigKami…
12. Pasig City Hall 3D Mapping (Caruncho Ave, Barangay San Nicolas, Pasig)
13. Animated Christmas Show (Pasig Mega Market). These Pasig attractions are relatively close to each other so a nice walk in the city might be a good idea, yeah?
14. Ortigas East Christmas Tunnel (Tiendesitas, Ortigas, Pasig). Enjoy another musical lights show daily and fireworks display every Saturday of December, 7pm. Santa joins in on the fun too!
15. Vast Imaginarium (Estancia Capitol Commons, Pasig). A Christmas installation you can visit during the day! There are four boxes with colourful lights and mirrors thats spread across the Estancia compound. Open during mall hours.
16. Meralco Liwanag Park (Meralco Center, Ortigas Ave. Pasig City). Features replicas of different attractions in the Philippines as well as a train that kids can ride and enjoy. Open daily from 6pm (weekdays closes at 10pm and weekends closes at 11pm).
17. Policarpio Street (Brgy. Zañiga, Mandaluyong). Probably the most festive street you’ll see in Manila!
18. Greenhills Christmas Village (V-Mall Greenhills, Ortigas Avenue, San Juan). Everybody has to go to Greenhills at least once in their Christmas shopping right? Enjoy Christmas attractions while you’re at it.
Here are the other things you can experience from Ortigas Malls:
19. Araneta Center Giant Christmas Tree (Cubao, Quezon City). A giant tree, tunnel of lights, acoustic music and night market are just some of the things you can enjoy.
20. Northern Lights (Ayala Malls, Vertis North, Quezon City). The Northerner’s version of the lights and sounds show that Ayala is known for, this installation features a colourful cathedral inspired by simbang gabi. Show runs every 30 minutes from 6-10pm daily, until Jan. 8, 2018.
21. Christmas in SM Malls (Megamall, Manila, Marikina, San Lazaro, North Edsa)
What other Christmas attractions have you visited this year? Let us know in the comments section.