Sorry Olaf, we’re letting go of summer already and saying hello to the rainy season! How else should we welcome cooler days and nights but by throwing in some Frozen party fun! Late last year, a little girl turned six and got the party of her dreams. Thanks to her (very very) creative mommy Sheila, Sky celebrated in true Frozen fashion – outfit, snowflakes, Olaf and all! Looking at all the lovely details, you’d never guess that this was just a homemade party, all lovingly put-together after months of DIY! I’ll leave you be now to enjoy these pretty images; but wait, one more thing, that paper wall…so whimsical!
Ohhh, this cute little family likes warm hugs! A few days after her party at home, Sky also celebrated with her classmates and the Catilos brought that same Arendelle vibe to school! How fun it is to be a little girl and be Queen Elsa any day she wants!
Mommy Sheila shares this about the party:
She’s been bugging us to do this theme for her birthday since last year. No matter how we tried to convince her to go with something else because everyone else seems to be doing Frozen, she wouldn’t budge… so we finally gave in. With a specific guest list and special requests/instructions (checklist) given to us by Sky herself, we were grateful that my maternity leave allowed me to have time to plan and execute a D.I.Y. party at home. It was a pretty fun project (although stressful during the last few days and hours hahaha) and it was nice that it gave Sky and I a chance to bond. Almost everything was lovingly handmade at home–from decorations, invitations, and even some of the souvenirs. With help from Pinterest, National bookstore, Divisoria, online shops, friends who cook, and our ever super supportive family, Sky was able to achieve her Frozen birthday party wish this year.
It was really a happy, happy day for our little Queen Elsa which made all the effort worth it!
Here’s a list of suppliers from Sky’s party:
- Photography by Jorem and Sheila Catilo Photography
- DIY by mommy Sheila: Favors, Invitations, Desserts, Decors. Yes, all of it: the rosettes, the snowflakes, the antlers, the paper wall, the crowns, etc etc. Did I already say ALL OF IT?!
- Food by Ate Lore and Ate Gie of Philippians 21st Century and Ate Josie Monzon and Patio de Imus at Casa Verde and Ate Vicki sa Balimbing
- Colored Papers and Gift Wrappers (for the colourful paper wall): National Bookstore
- Cake and Cupcakes from Khay’s Desserts and Cafe
- Donuts and Munchkins from Dunkin’ Donuts
- Cookies from Shoppersville Bakeshoppe
- Cake Toppers by Pegtales
- Balloons, Tables, and Chairs from Julie’s Party Shop
- Elsa Dress from eBay Hong Kong
See more of Mommy Sheila’s DIY projects for Sky’s party in her IG posts below:
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!