It’s not everyday we throw our friends a baby shower…and most definitely not everyday we celebrate it to welcome triplets! 👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼 Sharing wth you the gem-themed baby shower of Instagram’s latest instababies, the #trimondons. They are definitely precious gems we all adore!
Create this look with help from the following:
- The most important requirement: creative friends! 😂 The piñatas and artworks were all lovingly made by the couple’s friends.
- Foil curtain (combined red and iridiscent) from My Little Party Shop Manila
- Sparkly plastic gemstones and the balloon were from Divisoria c/o Maddie and Macky
- Cupcake and Cake pops from Bite Me
- Macarons from Merry Macarons
And now, on to the gems! They were relatively easy to make. It was quite therapeutic to be cutting. folding, pasting and assembling these paper gems in the wee hours of the night.
Step 1. PRINT | Find templates online and print. Make sure you use the “scale to fit” function of your printer if you want to maximise your paper. Sizes of these gems vary depending on the template and how you enlarge or decrease its size. It’s nice to have gems of different sizes.
Step 3. FOLD | With the help of a ruler, fold the paper following the lines. I find that starting with the smaller lines makes the process more efficient. Make sure you fold inwards towards the printed lines so the outside part of your gem is print-free.
Step 4. GLUE | Put double-sided tape (Roll-a-glue from National Bookstore is my BFF!) or glue on the tabs to seal the gem. Make sure the tabs are placed inside the gems and not glued outside for a seamless look.
You can download the templates I used here. I got them from various sources. Here are some links to other tutorials and printables you can find online as well as some other unique ways you can use them. Tag us #homemadeparties when you try this out!
- minieco.UK: Paper Gems, New Templates
- molliemakes.com: Paper Gem Printables
- ohhappyday.com: Paper Gemstone Crown
- diyinpdx.com: DIY Glittery Geometric Paper Ornaments
- hungryheart.se: DIY Paper Diamond
- sugarandcloth.com: DIY Candy Filled Geometric Garland
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties! Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here. And if you need some more help with your DIY planning, join Homemade Parties’ DIY Party planning community in Facebook!