Cherry blossom season is almost up and some of it’s blooms are gracing the blog today! Mommy Erica messaged me a while back asking about my styling fees because she wanted a sweets buffet for her baby’s first birthday. I told her I don’t do it professionally and only do it for friends and family and somehow, in the course of our message exchange over Facebook, she got encouraged to just do it herself. And here are the fruits of her labor! A sweet Japanese-inspired party filled with cherry blossoms and kokeshi dolls!
Throw your own DIY Kokeshi party with help from these:
- Divisoria finds: Cherry blossoms and gold cloth
- Printable Kokeshi by Maggie and Dee
- Glass jars from Daiso
- Cake by Make My Cake by: Mums
- Loot bags: DIY’d from paper bags and art papers
- Pink crates from retaso of wood skilfully crafted into crates by a neighbour. Overall cost for three crates including manpower, wood and paint… P800. Had she bought those, it would’ve been P800 per crate! Thank God for resourceful moms!
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!
Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here.