Parties these days can get very expensive and that’s where knowledge about Divisoria and its hidden gems come in handy. If you’re planning a DIY party, a trip to Divi is definitely in order. Find out what you can score and get inspired by how these bargain items were creatively used for parties. Plus a bonus: tips on where you can easily find them in Divisoria! Yes, you can thank me later. 😉
1. Honeycomb lanterns for backdrops. Amazing how this mom and dad team turned honeycomb lanterns into the daintiest tree you’ll ever see. This pastel eye-candy was definitely a focal point in this homemade party! Where to find honeycomb lanterns and other paper products: Tabora St. or 168 Mall. See more of this party here.
2. Mini blocks and action figures to complete your theme. There are lots of Lego-like pieces in Divisoria and they come in different themes too. This mom spent many nights building sets to add to her stylist’s centerpieces. Where to buy them in bulk: Bodega Sales (Sta. Elena cor Tabora). See more of this party here.
3. Artificial flowers in different styles and colors. Planning a Japanese-themed party? Walk along Tabora St. to find cherry blossoms that will complete your look! See more of this party here.
Or visit the shops at the lower level of 168 Mall and look for flowers that can help turn an otherwise simple giant number 2 into a pretty photoshoot accessory.
4. Giant letter standees for your stage design. This is definitely a party staple: letter or number standees in all shapes and sizes. It’s no surprise you’ll see it in most parties; it’s a quick way to personalize your party and so easy to customize to your theme. Where to find them: Tabora St.
5. Washcloths folded into teddies. This mommy shares: “My husband made the Teddy Bear washcloth as the party favor. We bought the washcloths in Divisoria and following a tutorial in Youtube, he folded it to look like a bear.” Where to find them: 168 Mall. See more of this party here.
6. Safari animals as centrepieces. Hard to imagine these glittery safari animals were once in the brown and grey color scheme. It wasn’t enough that this DIY mommy painted them in pink, mint, and gold. She had to add gifts and ribbons and mini party hats with pompoms. We just died of cuteness. Where to find them: Bodega Sales (Sta. Elena cor Tabora)
7. Jute fabric for your dessert spreads. Another styling favorite: jute or anything burlap! These are usually used as table runners but this creative mom used it as a backdrop for her Moana-inspired dessert table. Where to find it: Tabora St. (Googley eyes for DIY Tamatoa also from Divisoria) See more of this party here.
8. Gumball machines for a candy station. Kids tend to get restless easily, especially when they’re waiting for a party to start. For pre-party activities, this mom made a candy scooping station using gumball machines from 168 Mall, colored candies from Divisoria Mall and a fish bowl from a vendor along Sta. Elena St. See more of this party here.
9. Pretty fabrics for souvenirs. If you can’t find the perfect souvenir for your theme, you might as well make them! Armed with her portable sewing machine and pretty fabrics from Ylaya’s Textile market, this crafty mommy made owl hot pads for her guests to take home.
10. Wooden pieces for table numbers. No boring, hand-written numbers here. These mini wooden numbers were a perfect way to help guests find their seats. Where to find it: craft stores in 168 Mall, Divisoria Mall or Lucky Chinatown Annex. See more of this party here.
11. Ice cream party accessories. This mommy turned her home into an instant ice cream parlor using items she found in Divisoria. The pastel ice cream coin banks were from Anding’s Toy Store, mini honeycombs and ice cream cups from 168 Mall, and fabrics from Ylaya St. See more of this party here.
12. Balloons. Lots of balloons. How can we forget, right? You can buy classic balloons like this one and turn it into balloon sculptures. This sister-duo stitched together these balloons using a nylon string to form a balloon arch. Where to find it: 168 Mall or Divisoria Mall
***A version of this post first appeared in the Smart Parenting Website.
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties! Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here. And if you need some more help with your DIY planning, join Homemade Parties’ DIY Party planning community in Facebook!