We all know Divisoria is every DIY party planner’s haven. It has everything you need from bargain toys, to costumes, to party decors, etc etc. Unfortunately, they’re not all under one roof and one must have the patience (and endurance!) to scour the streets and malls for the best deals. To make sure every step of your party planning is enjoyable, I’ve made a list of party supplies that people usually look for, along with the best place to find them, to hopefully point you at the right direction. And….don’t forget to download our Divisoria map to help you navigate around the area. Happy shopping!
1. Artificial Flowers, Grass Carpet, Green Wall/Leaf Panels etc: Helpful for centrepieces, backdrops and stage decor. There are a few stores along Tabora St. with a lot of choices or the street itself is lined with vendors with limited selection.
3. Bottles, Jars, Baskets, Kraft Boxes: This street is truly filled with hidden treasures! Just be careful buying bottles, making sure they aren’t the ones used in hospitals that should’ve been properly disposed of! See warning below. Where: Tabora St.
5. Carpet/Linoleum: Might need one to set your stage area? Walk towards the end of Juan Luna St, near Recto side.
6. Costumes: Tabora St. is lined up with costume-makers – from fabulous wings to native Ati-atihan type of costumes. You’re likely to find someone who can customise for you there. For regular costumes (superhero, race car driver, etc), I’d recommend going to 168 Mall.
7. Fabric/Textile: Need some fabric for your clothes, craft projects or table covers? Find them in the line of stores called Yangco Market in between Ylaya and Tabora St. Other sewing needs are also available in these specific stores: Good Morning Building and Morning Glory.
8. Giveaways: Walk along the streets of Tabora for someone who can customise just about anything for you. Or, if you’re looking for something specific to a theme (like the candy dispenser we gave away for a diner party), visit 168 Mall or Bodega Sales. You can also just opt to make your own souvenirs like these Owl Pals made from the fabrics purchased above. (see more of this owl party here)
12. OOTD’s. Go to Lucky Chinatown mall for branded clothes, or the ever reliable 168 Mall for unbranded alternatives.
13. Pabitin and Palayok. Bodega Sales has these or if you’re in luck, you just might find it in some party stores in Divisoria Mall.
14. Packaging Materials. Looking for boxes as cupcake holders? Or perhaps some candy cups for your dessert spreads? AFDELL Packaging Solutions along Ylaya St.
16. Paper Products: Need craft papers? Cardstock or foam boards? Tissue wrappers or Japanese papers in hard-to-find colors? Try Geppco Paper Supply, M. De Santos St (near Tabora)
17. Party Needs. Generic party needs like loot bags, candles, banners, party hats, etc. Themed paper plates, colored napkins, and paper cups. Lots of stores to choose from in 168 Mall and Divisoria Mall.
18. Tarpaulin Printing. This one’s pretty tricky as I don’t have an exact place for it. But I know there are stores in 168 Mall that have this kind of service. You just have to find it (like all the other hidden gems in Divisoria!) 😉
19. T-Shirt Printing: Thinking of having some customised shirts printed? Try the t-shirt shops along Juan Luna St.
20. Toys for Prizes. Toy stores are aplenty in the main malls of Divisoria, but if you want to have choices from rows and rows of stores side by side, I would go to Bodega Sales so I can easily compare prizes.
So, you’ve probably noticed, the best place to go is Tabora St. I’d start here, and work my way down Divisoria Mall, Bodega Sales and 168 Mall. At least you still have energy shopping under the sun if you start on Tabora! 😉
Special thanks to the members of our DIY Party Community for some of the photos and for always sharing what they know about Divi!
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties! Planning a DIY party? Visit our party supplies directory here. And if you need some more help with your DIY planning, join Homemade Parties’ DIY Party planning community in Facebook!