I was having an exchange of messages with another DIY mom a few weeks ago and this is what she had to say about her DIY experience:
I’m sure we can all relate! We hustle and hustle to get the DIY party of our
kid’s dreams (Admit it, tayo talaga may dream nito sometimes! 😂) and we are usually overwhelmed with happiness after seeing the outcome. Never mind if we barely had time to get made up for the pre-birthday photo op or the actual party (true story 🙋🏼) And just like you all DIY party planners, August was another hustling month for HMP!
Having a color palette as a guide when you do DIY styling will work wonders in helping you achieve your desired look. Will be making more of these gorgeous color palettes from your favorite party elements in the hopes that it can guide you and inspire you for your next party! 😉 #hmpcolorguide A photo posted by DIY Party Inspirations Blog (@homemadeparties) on
Our sister brand, Misis Homemaker also launched its first product…
Hey guys! Our sister brand just launched its first product today! Would you show us some love too over at @misishomemaker? Thanks a bunch! – Monica 🏡 #misishomemakerliving A video posted by DIY Party Inspirations Blog (@homemadeparties) on
…and our DIY Party Community got all excited for the launch of our Party Supplies Exchange thread!
Aside from wanting to put our personal touches to the party, one of the more practical reasons to do DIY is to save! Sometimes though, in our excitement, we buy more than we need, or buy thinking we’ll use them in the future (guilty! 🙋🏻). Opening our DIY Party Community over in Facebook for all your excess party supplies, be it brand new or something you used for your party that you no longer need. Someone else might be DIYing and will have use for it! We’re starting this September so do join the group for more detailed guidelines. See you there! 😉 [Search “DIY party community by Homemade Parties” in Facebook to join] #hmppartysuppliesexchange
August was no ghost month for HMP and September will definitely be another busy month as we prep for #hmpturnstwo. In the meantime, let’s all get inspired by last month’s favorite DIY parties!
1. Lucas’ party shared by @smtpedro. Pinwheels, hot air balloons and treats in different shades of blue made this a popular choice for August!
2. @thediplomaticwife’s minimalist celebration. It’s classy and it’s chic! Just goes to show you don’t have to have an elaborate table to make anything look stunning! And how cute are those cakes!
3. @petitemomma18’s sunshine party. We needed this sunshine in our lives. I still think that sun mylar balloon is one of the cutest we’ve seen so far!
4. @naomicassidycruz’ giant flowers. If you’re a crafty momma, you can also make flowers bloom anytime. Giant ones at that! 🌸🌼🌺
5. @artisticchic’s garden set-up. One of the more popular themes we’ve seen in HMP, a garden party! Love the bed of roses!
If you’re new to the blog, HMP’s Monthly Round-ups feature the most “liked” DIY parties from our Instagram and Facebook feeds combined. Do you love to throw DIY parties just like us? Join our Instagram and Facebook communities for daily DIY party inspirations. Use the hashtag #homemadeparties to share your own party. Looking forward to seeing one of your parties here next month!