We extend the weekend’s sweetness overload with this sweet-looking 21st birthday bash held in Vanilla Cupcake Bakery. Birthday girl Angel went all out with her party preps, DIYing and designing most of the elements. She has this to share about her party:
I’ve always loved anything shabby chic, and for years now Vanilla has been my favorite cupcake place. A lot of the DIY elements were meant to fit in with the place, as well as bring in some of my personality. I did that with the little touches of ballerina-inspired colors and details like the doilies and cupcake wraps turned into toppers. (I’ve been dancing since I was 4, haha.) I also love kids, so even though I only had two little guests, a 4-year old and a 2-year old, I made sure to keep them entertained with personalized activity books and crayon buckets. Oh! Prizes. I love those too, usually the best part of any party, so I really took the time to go through so many stores to put together a prizes table that’s in line with the theme but would also have something for each of my guests to enjoy. The giveaways were customized mugs that I designed myself. I tried my best to make them resemble Cath Kidston mugs, also a favorite.
Just some of the DIY elements that Angel put together for her party. Love how she personally designed her give-away mugs! Placing them in simple boxes and adding Baker’s Twine and stamps make for a dainty and elegant look!
The Photo Booth set-up and print layout was also designed by the birthday girl. She also made place cards from printed table napkins and wooden clothes pins that completed the shabby chic vibe of the party.
Belated happy birthday Angel and congratulations on putting together a fab-looking party! Looks like your guests enjoyed your day as much as you did, and that’s always a good thing! Keep the creativity going!
Here’s a comprehensive list of suppliers for her party:
- Activity books from Booksale, wrapped in colored paper and personalized bands that I Photoshopped
- Divisoria Finds: Crayon buckets, table numbers, doilies
- Cupcake toppers-turned-wraps from Gourdo’s
- Candles from Celebrations Party Central
- Tea party hats from Girl Shoppe and Divisoria, tags from National Bookstore
- Napkins from Landmark and Divisoria, wooden clothespins from American Bazaar
- Frames from Metro Department Store and SM Department Store, easels from Japan Home and Celebrations Party Central
- Bowties from Metro Department Store
- PDFs for photobooth props found online
- Stamps from Dimensione
- Ink Pads from @thecraftessentials
- Baker’s Twine from Hey Kessy, Katipunan
- Mini Guestbook pages from Muji
- Photobooth Services from Pixels Funfotos (Birthday girl designed everything and they executed perfectly!)
- Prizes from National Bookstore, Japan Home, American Bazaar, Divisoria, Dimensione, Scent Station, CD-R King, Landmark, etc.
Got your own DIY party to share? Click here to see how you too can be featured in Homemade Parties!