January was a happy month for Homemade Parties as we reached 1,000 followers in Instagram (inching our way to 1,500 as of this writing – hooray!). I can’t believe how much our community has grown in a little over 3 months. I remember being so happy sharing my passion with some 100 or so people, and to be sharing it with even more makes my party planning heart so thrilled! Thank you for sharing your awesome parties with HMP. That said, let’s get to our monthly round-up where we list down your favourite parties from last month!
1. @ricaperalejo.ph’s picnic party: A runaway favorite was actress Rica Peralejo’s #PicnicPlanesandPhilip party for son Philip. Just look at that awesome shot of her backyard party! You’ll be inspired following their party preps in Instagram as you’ll see family and friends contributing to every aspect of the party – uncles blowing the salbabida, aunties paper crafting and so on. What a laid back fun afternoon with their closest family and friends.
2. @pepperbay’s shabby chic centrepiece: Mommy did an awesome job gathering all of these pretty elements to come up with a darling set-up for her daughter’s Christening. To quote @pepperbay “Our centerpieces for Sabrina’s christening. Lamp from the caterer, doily, pompom, pail from Divi, drinking jar from @paperstrawlove, silver ribbon from S&R, pink ribbon from National, wooden tag from @heykessy, number written with brush pen from @swirlsandstrokesph. Define EFFORT for such a simple decoration!”
3. @CatchMyParty’s chalkboard backdrop: Ok, sneaking a little bit of #hmpinspiration material. A lot of people liked this as much as I did! Chalkboard + black backdrop + pink color palette? What’s not to love about this?
4. @martinedeluna’s Circus Party: Making another appearance in our monthly round-up is Martine’s Circus Party for son Vito. Read more about it here.
5. @kwisshyness’ wedding essentials: #hmpweddingwednesdays makes its first appearance in our round-up with these DIY bottle centrepieces. Jute string and paper doilies are just some of the wedding details I love most!
6. @dynnasor’s table setting: I usually list the top 5, but sometimes there are just some DIY parties that are too pretty to pass up, I can’t help but add some personal favourites! Paper plates and paper cups, plastic bowls and plastic spoons… amazing how a simple styling can elevate the look of these disposable partywares!